5.04.2009

The Beginning

Ok, this is my first entry. I thought I’d tell you first a little about my car. It’s an '83 Toyota Sprinter Trueno, chassis model AE86, manufactured in Japan and later brought to Finland. I’ve always wanted an AE86 because of its reputation of having a great chassis and engine. In Japan it’s know mostly as a drift car and earlier as a race car. In Finland it's still know as a rally car and still been driven in its own class.




Here’s my car as it was when I bought it. I knew the rear fenders needed work and that under the rear bumper was a lot of rust damage. The engine, clutch, gearbox and LSD all seemed to be in good condition.

So, a little more information about my Hachi:

Firewall ID codes:

F Trueno
C Coupe
M 5 speed floor mounted manual
Q GT, GTV
F Twincam, EFI (high performance)

(decode from www.aeu86.org)

The Hachi had some aftermarket kit in it also:

TRD Front and Rear, stiffness adjustable shocks
Japanese Aftermarket Exhaustmanifold
2.25'' Exhaust by Martelius
Cold Air Intake
Momo wheel and spacers

Obviously I wanted mine for everyday use and for track. First time I drove it I just fell in love with it and can’t really bring myself to make it a full on track car.

I’ve now driven it on track and it’s worked perfectly. The few flaws I noticed were that I couldn’t really get a good driving position since I wore a helmet. I had to sit really back and so forth. I couldn’t really steer very well from that position.




So the first part of my project will be to:

Fix the rust, fenders, rear.
Fit bucket seats and 6 point harness.
Remove the fugly TRD N2 type rear spoiler.
Fix the damage from the rear spoiler attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment