5.04.2009

First Day

First what I’ll do is to dismantle the interior, rear bumper and sideskirts. I started from the rear bumper, since I wanted to see what was under there :P and ofc I removed the spoiler (something I’ve been wanting to do a while now).





Spoiler was attached with ordinary screws just drilled in to the back hatch. Nasty looking, luckily the holes hadn’t started to rust yet. I was fairly lucky with the rust in the rear as well. It hadn’t spread much except to the rear corners and then gone to the rear fenders.







After I took off the sideskirts I found a surprise. It was the most amazing way I’ve ever seen to fix rust. Someone of the previous owners had taken a sheet of stainless steel and attached it with duct tape. I'm not kidding. :D





Then I started to take apart the interior.









After that I did some preliminary fitting of the driverside bucket seat. I got 2 Cobra Imola 2 seats for the car, with 6-point racing harnesses. The "floor" needs some fitting work to get the seats as low as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment